Power cut to stores after transformer fire

A number of stores in the Coles Plaza and Logan Court are without power after a transformer caught fire on Friday morning.

A Cowra Fire and Rescue crew have contained the blaze and Essential Energy workers are on the scene to try and restore power.

Firefighters have cordoned off the entrance to the undercover Coles carpark, across from Cowra Public School.

Cowra Fire and Rescue said the fire started around 11.15am and was the result of an electrical fault.

According to Essential Energy, 43 customers have been affected by the power outage.

More to come.