The Cowra Golf Club played their usual Veteran Golf competition on Thursday, March 26, subject to some special conditions that have been adopted to maintain the highest health and safety conditions for the participants.
- The social distance between people of 1.5m must be maintained at all times. Motorised carts are restricted to a single person.
- No hand shaking, high fives or any personal contact are ever allowed.
- Payment of competition fees are preferred by EFTPOS, to avoid handling currency.
- All hire carts and other hire equipment will be sanitised at the start of each day and between each use.
- The Clubhouse will remain closed, golf activities can be booked online and completed in the Pro Shop, which is restricted to maximum of five people at any time in addition to staff.
- Any person experiencing cold or flu like symptoms are asked not to visit the golf course. Any person required to self isolate must not visit the club.
SPECIAL LOCAL RULES ADOPTED:
- The flag sticks must remain in the holes at all times. The depth of the holes have been restricted so that balls can be easily recovered by the player. Meaning the players do not have to handle common equipment.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. Players are asked to smooth the sand in a bunker using their golf club or foot after playing from the bunker.
- Players will maintain their own score card (and that of their partner in four ball event) the marker function has been deleted. Cards will not be swapped between players.
- Only the player will sign the score card.
A field of just 18 keen veterans played a 9-Hole Stableford Competition on holes 10 through to 18 of the course, which is in excellent condition.
The six prize winners are listed in order of merit of their Stableford score, and in brackets the handicap they played off.
19 Don ROCAVERT (35)
19 Graeme CLEMENTS (17)
18 John VANHUIZEN (9)
18 David SPOLDING (19)
17 Rod HAUG (22)
16 Peter KIRWIN (-3)
The prize winners will have their Veterans handicap reduced by three for the next event. The other competitors will have their increased by one.