The annual Recycled Art for Cowra Awards (RAFCA) Fun Day and ceremony will be held this Sunday, September 15 at the Cowra Aquatic Centre.
It's set to be a fabulous day of fun and entertainment for the young and young at heart.
Chief Judge Yvonne Lawrie said while entry numbers are down, it was tough to judge considering the calibre of the competition.
"They've gone to a lot of trouble these kids," she said.
"Sometimes it's easy to pick a winner and other times it's so hard.
"We really had a great time doing this because they are all so individual."
From 10am until 1pm, attendees can:
- View the amazing recycled art sculptures revolving around the theme of Transport created by children from preschool to high school.
- For a gold coin donation, vote for your People's Choice (money raised to go to PCYC)
- sausage sizzle and drinks stall
- free jumping castle
- free paper plane making competition (using recycled paper of course) with prizes for the ones which fly the furthest. Instructions and help will be supplied
- enjoy a barista coffee and
- enjoy loads of entertainment.
At 10.15am, there will be a performance by students from Cowra Ballet School before the Cowra and District Town Band plays at 10.30am and 11.15am.
At 11am, Cowra Dance Factory will perform and at 11.40pm, gymnasts, boxing and judo demonstrations from Cowra PCYC.
At 1pm, there will be the awarding of certificates to prizewinners.