The first ever Koorawatha Markets will be held this Saturday, June 29, with organisers hoping it will be a big success.
Presented by the Koorawatha Progress Association, the markets will feature more than 25 stalls and plenty of entertainment for the whole family.
Koorawatha Markets co-organiser, Karen Patrech, said she hopes the markets will gain momentum during the year and have similar success to other markets in the region, such as Gooloogong or Cowra.
"I thought Koorawatha could do well to have a little market, it's on the main road between Young and Cowra," she said.
"I thought let's liven up the town and bring some business back."
The markets will feature the following stalls:
- Granny's Dutch Pancakes
- Cowra Martial Arts Centre
- Boz (bric-a-brac)
- Cowra Salvation Army
- The Girls from Wombat (natural cleaning products)
- Murphy's Bakery
- Sparrow Fart Cottage Nursery
- Cowra Beach Party Committee
- JB's Collectables (model cars, model farm machinery, toys, giftwear)
- Bead Mischief (handmade jewellery)
- Campbell and Maxwell
- Leanne's plants
- Lyn and Dennis Dowd (soaps, air fresheners)
- Koorawatha Public School fundraising group
- Koorawatha Rural Fire Service
- Koorawatha Progress Association - sausage sizzle
- Jed 'N Ginger (soy candles, bath bombs, cowhide, leather goods)
- Richard Cantrill
- Huntley Berry Farms
- Made to Inspire Harden (lotions, soaps)
- Galea's Fruit and Veg
- Koorawatha Fishing Club
- CWA Harden (in Memorial Room, tea, coffee, craft and cake)
- Tabetha and Rachael Body Shop at Home
- Yesteryear Preserves
- AJ's Toys and Tatts
- Max and Joy (eggs, birds, quails and produce)
The markets will be held in Memorial Park, Boorowa St, Koorawatha from 9am until 1pm.
Marker goers are more than welcome to bring along their dogs however they must be on a leash.
There is strictly no smoking on the park grounds.
Markets will be held on the fifth Saturday of the month for the remainder of the year.
All proceeds from the markets will go towards the Koorawatha Progress Association.