Sydney FC midfielder Josh Brillante could stay with the A-League champions despite not being on the club's list of retained players.
Brillante was one of 12 players not on Sydney's retained list announced on Monday, but the Socceroo is in talks about signing a new deal with the club.
The 26-year-old nearly signed for South Korean club Pohang Steelers earlier this year, but the deal fell through and he ended up playing in Sydney's grand final win over Perth earlier this month.
Jacob Tratt and Cameron Devlin are also discussing a possible stay at Sydney but Jop van der Linden, Alex Cisak and Mitch Austin will not return next season.
The trio join retired captain Alex Brosque and Western United-bound Aaron Calver in the exit lane for Sydney.
Young striker Chris Zuvela is out of contract but will remain at the club to continue his recovery from a knee injury before his future is determined.
Loanees Siem de Jong, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Anthony Caceres and Danny De Silva have all returned to their parent clubs, but Sydney are in negotiations with Manchester City and Central Coast about Caceres and De Silva returning next season.
"You have been so good to me and my family, we'll never forget it," Ghoochannejhad said via Twitter.
The Iranian striker's departure, as well as those of Dutch duo de Jong and van der Linden, means Sydney will have three vacant visa spots for their 2019-20 campaign.
"We have retained a large proportion of our championship winning team and I expect to recruit a number of exciting new players to add to that core," coach Steve Corica said.
Australian Associated Press