THOUSANDS of Riverina electorate voters have cast their ballots ahead of election day, escaping the rush in five days' time.
Pre-poll voting officially opened in Cowra on Saturday, May 11 at the Cowra Uniting Church, with estimates of more than 500 people casting their vote on the day.
The opening times are:
- Monday, May 13 - Tuesday, May 14: 8:30am until 5:30pm
- Wednesday, May 15 - 8:30am until 6pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 8:30am until 5:30pm
- Friday, May 17 - 8:30am until 6pm
Last week the Australian Electoral Commission figures show 5783 people have already made their choice since April 29.
The conditions of early voting before May 18 include:
- plans to travel interstate or overseas
- work commitments
- illness or
- living more than eight kilometres from a polling venue.
Four candidates are contesting the seat of Riverina: Michael Bayles (Greens), Richard Foley (United Australia), Mark Jeffreson (Labor) and Michael McCormack (Nationals).