Do you know a Cowra business that provides exceptional service? Maybe they have always been reliable or knowledge that is second-to-none?
Nominations are now open for the 2019 WIN Television Cowra Business Awards, which recognises and celebrates the outstanding achievements of local business.
Cowra Business Chamber President Jordan Core said he expects the 2019 awards will be the biggest in the Chamber’s history.
“We are expecting 300 to 350 guests,” More Core said.
This year, he said, there has also been a change to the amount of finalists in each category.
“It means there’s a better chance of being noticed than in previous years,” he said.
There will also be two new categories – Outstanding Young Employee and Excellence in Social Enterprise.
“Maybe they provide excellent customer service, or are excelling at what they do, helpful, knowledgeable,” Jordan said of the Outstanding Young Employee.
“Social Enterprise opens up the awards to places like the Cowra Information and Neighbourhood Centre, PCYC, Cowra Community Chest and Meals on Wheels for example.”
All finalists will be exposed in the media through TV, radio and print campaigns.
“Finalists will have an extremely good chance of being advertised,” he said.
You can nominate online at https://www.cowrabusinesschamber.com.au/nomination-form-annual-awards
The complete categories are:
- Outstanding Business Leader (for business owners or managers that stand out)
- Employer of Choice (a business that excels at keeping their team happy and in the know)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (this is for a new business that is creating waves)
- Excellence in Business (main category, truly the best in business)
- Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism (best cafe, restaurant, bar, club, motel, travel agent or community group)
- Excellence in Innovation (a business that is finding new ways to expand their services/goods)
- Outstanding Young Employee (recognises an inspirational young employee aged between 18-35 years)
- Excellence in Social Enterprise (this award is open to organisations that exist to further a social purpose that benefits the community).
The awards will be held on February 16, 2019.
Also making news: