The balloons will inflate, or stand up, at night and light up in time with music. They basically turn into giant, colourful light globes – all choreographed in time to music of the day.Assistant event director Adam Barrow
It is billed as a spectacular display of light, fire and music and the Cabonne Country Balloon Glow and Night Markets is a great evening of good, old-fashioned, family entertainment.
Perfectly timed to run during the school holidays, there can be no better opportunity to be a tourist in your own backyard – so pack up the kids and head to Canowindra.
Held on Saturday, April 28, people young and old will be in awe as the night sky is lit up by the towering row of 15 to 20 colourful balloons.
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following businesses. Click the links to learn more:
“The balloons will inflate, or stand up, at night and light up in time with music. They basically turn into giant, colourful light globes – all choreographed in time to music of the day,” assistant event director Adam Barrow said.
“It can be a little overwhelming when you see it for the first time because you just can’t believe how big these things are.”
It can be a little overwhelming when you see it for the first time because you just can’t believe how big these things are.Adam Barrow
The gates open at 3.30pm and people can either bring their own picnic or take a night off and enjoy something delicious from the range of food stalls set up at the showground.
From 4-8pm wine, food and craft markets will see local chefs and wineries offer their produce at sample size and prices.
The afternoon program begins at 4pm with local dance groups performing. The Pilots on Parade will start at 5.30pm followed by female singing group Amitie, while children can crack open their glow sticks (purchased at the event) and join in the singing and dancing.
The spectacular balloon glow will light up Canowindra at approximately 7pm and for a rollicking wrap up of the night, Peter Byrne will get toes tapping with his Forever Diamond show.
Cabonne Country Balloon Glow and Night Markets
- When: Saturday, April 28
- Where: Canowindra Showground
- Ticket cost: Adult - $40 (plus booking fee), children 17 years and under admitted free.
- Gates open from 3.30pm.
- This is a glass free event and no BYO alcohol is allowed. There will be an on-site licensed bar.
- There is very little seating provided so please bring a chair or rug to sit on.
- The weather may get cool in the evening so bring a jumper or jacket.
- In the event of windy or wet weather, in the interest of safety, the balloons may not be able to be inflated. Pilots will still put on a spectacular burner display.
- Visit www.canowindrachallenge.org.au for tickets.