Cowra Tourism are teaming up with professional local tour operator Ideal Tours to deliver fresh, informative and visually delightful guided tours of the very best attractions and historical sites that Cowra has to offer.
Ideal Tours’ Allan Vorias said the tours were a joint effort.
“Ideal Tours has designed a Cowra attraction tour in partnering with Cowra Tourism,” he said.
“We hope to increase the interest in Cowra attractions for visitors by running tours Tuesdays and Fridays”.
The two and a half hour tour includes:
- The famous POW Hologram at the Cowra Visitor Information Centre
- Aboriginal Murals under the Cowra Bridge
- Paddock to plate experience at Mulyan Farm (Seasonal and Tuesdays Only)
- Sheep Auctions at the Cowra Saleyards (Fridays Only)
- Australia's World Peace Bell
- The historic Lachlan Valley Railway (Tuesdays Only)
- Visit Europa Park and learn the history of Cowra's Migrant & Military Camps
- Bellevue Hill, Cowra's beautiful Scenic Lookout
- Cowra POW Campsite
- Cowra Japanese War Cemetery
- Complimentary morning tea
- Drop off at Cowra Japanese Garden and Cultural Centre (Optional)
Cowra Tourism Manager, Belinda Virgo, said there was increased interest in regional NSW.
"We are pleased to partner with Ideal Tours to deliver this new tourism product for our region,”She said.
“There is a increasing interest in agri-tourism in regional NSW, so being able to offer a farm gate and the sheep sales experience to our visitors is a exciting development”.
The tours will operate at $40 per person with a minimum of four people and depart from the Cowra Visitor Information Centre Tuesdays and Fridays.
For bookings and information contact the Cowra Visitor Information Centre at 6342 4333.