Teacher – Blackwood
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to co-develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard.
Goodstart Early Learning Blackwood is a lush leafy suburb in the Adelaide hills which is an old, established, close knit community where community pride is paramount. Given this the service has positive relationships with local schools, families and the wider community. Operating hours 6.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. The centre caters for 75 children aged from six weeks to 5 years
A great family atmosphere is evident when they all come together to celebrate special events, ensuring that strong bonds are formed between the children, their families and the centre.
Inside, all of the rooms - from Nursery to Kindergarten - are all set up in line with an Early Years Learning Framework, with sensory and play based learning opportunities. Colourful, stimulating surrounds ensure the children have the chance to grow and develop through sensory, play-based learning.
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current SA Teachers Registration and First Aid qualification
- Work in a well-resourced centre, working within the Kindy room (4 to 5yrs)
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Centre has incursions and excursions in place
- Full-time, permanent role commencing immediately – 38 hours per week across 5 days (Monday to Friday)
- You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture, including the attendance of monthly staff meetings
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Access to a professional peer teacher mentor
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Professional development and networking
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification, and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Bring your experience and passion for giving children the best start in life to our lovely service!
Click on "Apply Now" to be considered for this wonderful opportunity! To review the role PD please Click Here.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.