Teacher – Blakeview
Goodstart is Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care. Founded with a vision for all Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life, as a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. We are entirely Australian owned employing over 15,000 people, and caring for over 71,000 children.
Goodstart Early Learning Blakeview is in Adelaide’s North. Caters for 79 children. The centre is open from 6.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
A very family orientated early learning centre, the caring, long term, dedicated educators create a homey atmosphere within the centre.
One of the activities that sets them apart is their morning breakfast, not only for the children but for parents that may be in a rush on their way to work. This is just one example of the many ways they aim to make families feel like they are a part of their child’s day.
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current SA Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Full time permanent role, initially covering maternity leave
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- A great role model with the ability to work independently but also in team environment. Great initiative and a desire to see the centre succeed
- Continue to uphold the centres strong community engagement and great relationships with their families, and initiatives
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
Bring your experience and passion for giving children the best start in life to our lovely service!
Click on "Apply Now" to be considered for this wonderful opportunity!
To review the role PD please Click Here.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all.