Early Childhood Teacher
Goodstart – Ashmont
Part time –3 days a week
Goodstart Early Learning have a wonderful and rewarding position available for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at Goodstart Ashmont. This centre is part of a unique initiative being run by Goodstart offering an intensive, integrated approach to Enhancing Children’s Outcomes (EChO).
About our Centre
- Goodstart Ashmont Central is a 90-place centre located in a residential area in Wagga Wagga, close to schools, local shops and community facilities.
- The centre is closely located to two local primary schools and offers before and after school care as well as long day care. We care for children aged six weeks to 12 years.
- This position is based in the Toddlers room
- Permanent Part Time role available – Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday
- On site parking available
- Our Centre hours are 6:30am-6.30pm
What is EChO?
Our EChO initiative is a targeted approach within Goodstart’s Social Inclusion Strategy that builds on our universally available early learning and care programs. The approach uses an Enhanced Service Delivery Model to provide wrap around intensive and sustainable resources to Goodstart Early Learning centres located in communities where children are more vulnerable to poor outcomes.
About you and the role
The role will see you working in a lead teacher capacity, working with the centre leadership team, trans-disciplinary team and educators to enhance pedagogical practices across the service through effective mentoring and coaching processes.
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
- Regular non-contact programming time
- Competitive above award wages
- Additional leave – option to purchase for a greater work/life balance
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist in providing high quality educational programs
- Broad range of professional learning opportunities on offer
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Discounted child care fees
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
If you would like to know more about this position or any other Teacher role at Goodstart Early Learning, do not hesitate to contact Jenna Fennell on Jfennell@goodstart.org.au
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!