Our client is an Australian owned and operated manufacturer of metal products based on the southside of Brisbane. They provide innovated solutions to the Electrical and Construction sectors.
With many projects on the horizon and the expansion of their Fabrication and Production teams there is an opportunity for an experienced trade qualified Production Manager.
This role will be responsible for ensuring all work allocated is manufactured to the required standards in-full and on-time consistently. The successful applicant will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Manage the daily production activities of manufacturing to maximum levels of operational efficiency, achieving budgeted volume targets, and meeting customers’ requirements for finished products at premium standards of safety, quality, and availability.
- Overseeing the production of pressed, roll formed and steel product fabrication.
- Ensure that product is ready for despatch in full and on time.
- Daily management and task coordination duties.
- Supervision of staff.
- Preparation of toolbox talks and daily start talks.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ensure all issues that may arise are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Mentoring of Team Leads.
To be successful in the role you will need to possess the following:-
- Proven site management experience in the metal industry.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- A 'Can do' attitude is essential.
- Understanding of OHS practices, legislation, regulations.
- Strong work ethic, communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of software packages.
- Experience with CNC Machinery.
- Trade qualifications, along with demonstrated relevant technical experience.
- Minimum 5 years leadership/supervisory experience with strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the production team delivering significant results in employee safety, productivity, product quality, with a strategic focus of continued improvement.
- Strong technical expertise in fabrication, roll formed and bending equipment.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder with strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Effective and collaborative problem-solving skills with high level of analytical abilities.
This role will commence immediately, and interviews will take place for suitable applicants between 9am and 2:30 pm Mon-Fri. If you would like to be considered or hear more, please express your interest with a word format CV and a cover letter outlining your experience.