Your new company
Our client was found in the late 1800’s and are partnered with multiple major tier 1 companies in the region. They specialise in mining solutions and provide pump services to the Bowen Basin. They are a reputable business and due to an expansion of work, are looking for a full-time pump mechanical fitter to join their team.
Your new role
Your new role will see you completing the following duties:
- Maintaining and repairing pumps (preventative, scheduled, breakdowns)
- Stripping, repairing and reporting on pumps and equipment
- Working both in the workshop and on site with clients
- Equipment inspections and quality assurance
This role will require someone with previous pump equipment experience that is looking for long term work and able to plan, prioritise and reprioritise workload.
What you'll need to succeed
You will possess the following attributes/qualifications:
- Trade Qualification -Mechanical Fitter
- Current drivers’ licence
- Pump Experience
- Drivers Licence
- Forklift Ticket – desirable
- Crane Operators Ticket – desirable
- Doggers Ticket – desirable
- Coal Board Medical & Standard 11 – or willing to obtain
What you'll get in return
This position will see you working within a large team in a Mackay based workshop and on site in the Bowen Basin. This position is working Monday to Friday + Overtime and is full time / permanent. Hourly rate is flexible dependant on experience, paid on a weekly basis and there is room for growth within the business and your career.
What you need to do now
In the Mackay & Coalfields region, there are several opportunities available. If you are interested in this role and believe your skills meet the above criteria, please apply at your earliest convenience.
Alternatively, if this role isn't quite right for you - contact Renee Brease today on 07 4960 1100 to discuss other opportunities.
LHS 297508 #2599690