- Annual Salary + Super + Salary Packaging and other benefits
- Daily travel allowance and flexible working options available
- Amazing new starter orientation program and ongoing training options
About Feros Care
We’re Feros Care. What we care about most is helping people live bolder lives - and that includes our team members.
We don’t just want you to work. We want you to dream, to laugh, to be happy. To have colleagues that support you, and a role that inspires you daily.
We’re proud to work in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver Local Area Coordination Services in Townsville, Mackay, Tweed Heads, Gawler, Barossa and ACT.
About the role:
As a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) at Feros Care, you will be the heartbeat of the NDIA in your local community, working with people with disability and their families to access and navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme. Our work is varied and diverse, and it will see you connecting with people from all walks of life.
If you’re looking for a meaningful career where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting people with a disability to develop a goal-based, individualised plan which supports their strengths, skills, and interests
- Guiding and assisting people with a disability to build capacity and explore options for self-direction, self-management, and self-advocacy
- Providing people with a disability and their families with information and support to access mainstream services and participate in the community
- Building and maintaining positive partnerships within the wider community to refer participants to a diverse range of service providers
- Develop strong community partnerships that support capacity building to make communities more accessible and inclusive
What you’ll need to have:
- A genuine desire and modern approach to empowering people with disability
- Relevant qualifications in disability, allied health or community services or lived experience with disability or caring for someone with disability
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed KPIs and targets
- Excellent communication, listening and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of team members, in person and virtually
- IT savvy, we use CRM, Microsoft suite and would love you to be a guru in this space
- A person-centered approach to outcomes, confidentiality, and professional integrity
- As this role has an emphasis on community participation, an unrestricted driver’s license is required
- Living our values to deliver our commitment to participants through Feros Care values and the NDIA Participant Engagement Principles
What we can do for you:
- Extensive training, development, and career opportunities
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,899 per annum), plus Entertainment and Meal packaging (up to $2500 per annum)
- Discounted gym access to applicable gyms
- Access to Nutrition, Financial Coaching, and Legal and Wellbeing Counselling via our Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive new starter program over four weeks delivered either virtually or in sunny Coolangatta, all expenses paid.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
Fixed-Term Contract until June 2023 with opportunity for extension
About our culture
As a not-for-profit, you can rest assured knowing that we’re always giving right back to those who need it most.
We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Cultural and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, and people with disability.
We’re also highly invested in the safety of our team members everything from through COVID safe practices to SOS messaging to support our mobile workforce.
If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods or other possibilities please contact email@example.com.
If the above sounds like you, we can’t wait to hear from you! A full copy of the Position Description including Selection Criteria can be found on our website; please be sure to really show us who you are and what you can do by addressing the Selection Criteria in your cover letter.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now!
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.