- Cutting Edge Technology and Defense Contractor
- Incredibly Complex and Unique Work
About Our Client
This Defence and Military company based in South Brisbane are creating some of the most cutting edge technology in the world.
Due to the size of the company they can take on some of the most exciting projects, that the larger players might not touch - this has ensured that the brightest graduates and engineers are drawn to the company.
They are growing rapidly and have a real leading edge over their competitors.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for:-
- Control, evaluate and report upon the financial performance of the Company, ensuring that the stringent reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure statutory compliance within the Department e.g. GST, FBT, PAYG reporting etc.
- Oversee the annual audit of the Company's statutory accounts.
- Support, adopting a commercial approach, strategic decision making and become further involved in a diverse range of activities.
- Actively support the Bid & Tendering process to ensure pricing submissions contain complete and accurate financial information, appropriate indirect rates structures and appropriate risk contingency for the anticipated period of performance (PoP) and ensure that all bids are correctly constructed, reviewed and approved from a financial perspective in accordance with company requirements.
- Assist in the timely and accurate production and submission of financial reports
The Successful Applicant
The Financial Controller will have
- Experience of operating in a senior financial role, preferably in a manufacturing and internationally listed company environment.
- Planning and organisation skills, with clear attention to detail and proven ability to achieve tight financial reporting deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a wide-ranging audience (including ability to communicate financial issues effectively to non-financial staff)
- Ability to develop strong working relationship with management, peers and direct reports.
- Ability to work within a team that will perform to high standards with necessary integrity, initiative, agility, flexibility and confidence.
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley 'SOX' systems and processes.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of integrated financial & ERP / MRP systems
- Familiarity with the requirements of Australian Defence Cost Principles.
What's on Offer
Great work culture
Cutting Edge company