About the Company
Established Australian company which designs and manufactures a wide range of equipment relating to fluid transfer. These products include grease and oil pumps and guns, fuel pumps, hose reels and flow meters. The main industries this company supplies to is agricultural, industrial, automotive, mining, aviation and marine. The range of products is low cost, but very high volume. Based in NSW, the company has circa 120 headcount across the business, including engineering and manufacturing.
About the Role
Due to a recent resignation, the Engineering Manager position has opened up within the company. You will report directly to the Operations Manager. The Engineering Manager role looks after 3 main teams: Design Engineering Team, Production Engineering Team and Technical Services. Across these 3 teams there is about 12 staff in total in the Engineering Department. You will be looking after all the NPD and NPI for the products throughout the product design and development cycle, right from the initial concept stage right through to manufacture and into the market. There is a lot of autonomy in this role, you will be responsible for managing your own timeframes, budgets and quality expectations.
There is a big focus on design and manufacturing innovation. A design for manufacture and automation mindset is critical for success in this role.
- Manage New Product Development projects and modifications to existing products.
- Coordinate and direct New Product Introduction projects, applying best manufacturing practices and utilising the latest in manufacturing technologies (eg IIOT, AI, robots, cobots, vision systems) to ensure products are produced in the most cost-effective manager whilst satisfying all product quality requirements
- Direct the Technical Services department to ensure customers' technical issues are resolved, and the root causes are identified, documented, and rectified in line with corporate strategic objectives.
- Create capital investment justification for tooling, manufacturing equipment.
- Have a design for manufacture approach.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a leadership role in a product design or development role.
- Previous experience working with a mass manufactured product range is a must for this role. If you have only designed in an environment where they produce custom or one-off pieces, this role will NOT suit you.
- Any experience managing offshore contract manufactures will be highly regarded.
- Hands on experience in drawing and CAD software.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principals such as 5S, SOP, visual controls, VSM, SPC and 6 Sigma.
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview w Operations Manager and Managing Director
- 2nd Round Interview + Site Tour
- Offer to start