About Your New Role:
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment that meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, in line with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
You will work very closely with our Centre Manager, Educational Leader and Early Childhood Teacher mentor to contribute to Wallan's vision to exceeding.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the team at Wallan! You will have the opportunity to engage in established weekly programs including Bush Kinder, woodwork, tennis and cooking. We've also got an interactive whiteboard to help you with your weekly programming!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
Your success is important to us... We will provide you with all the training and tools necessary to succeed in your role. This includes opportunities to attend networking events, professional development seminars and mentoring sessions. If you're currently holding a provisional VIT registration, we will support you with obtaining full registration.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Journey Academy – Receive access to over 60 accredited training and short courses.
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking – Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Be a Leader – Be valued as a part of our Centre Leadership Team and be supported on your leadership journey.
- Succession Planning – Is your dream to become an Educational Leader or Centre Manager? We will get you there.
- Extra Time – Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Get Paid Weekly – Maintain your finances with weekly pay.
Conveniently located just off the Northern Highway in Wellington Street, Journey Early Learning Wallan provides care for up to 110 children from six weeks to six years old. The community plays a big role in our centre, that is why we invite organisations like Wallan Fruit & Veg, FES and the police over to our centre on a regular basis. To build strong connections with our families, we host regular date nights and family breakfasts inspired by Wholesome Child.
Our Centre Manager, Brooke has been in the sector for over 10 years and her goal is to bring Journey’s values and our centre vision to life throughout the centre.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.