Casual Childcare Educator | Riverhills
- Flexibility - Choose your own schedule as a casual educator.
- Uniforms Provided – Receive annually updated uniforms to keep you looking fresh and feeling great.
- Freshly made meals – Enjoy our ‘Wholesome Child’ menu and nourish your body with delicious meals & snacks.
- Grow your career - You will be supported through each step of your career
- Life Balance - Flexible work hours so you achieve real work & life balance!
Journey Early Learning Riverhills is where each child’s journey begins. We are proud to be an exceeding centre, catering for up to 52 children between the ages of six weeks and six years old. Our team is built on incredible foundations, with longstanding members that are incredibly excited to welcome you into the team.
Our centre is designed around play-based learning and is a veritable wonderland for all children. We are fortunate to have a sensory textured bike path, rocky paths, vegetable gardens so much more for our children and educators to explore to inspire creativity.
We truly value community connections and that’s why we have our very own community street library, that is accessible for any old or new friends. We also take part in a school readiness program with Middle Park State School.
About Your New Role:
As our new casual educator, it is your role to work as a curious and inclusive team member and assist in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, educational and physical needs of the children and encourages parent participation. Your role will have you supporting the functioning of the centre, while developing your skills in a positive environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Assisting with observations of individuals and groups of children
- Assisting in the evaluation of children in terms of individual strengths, weaknesses, interests and preferences, which is then used to design activities to be included in the programme.
- Assisting with the program design, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspect of children’s development in a holistic way.
- Working as an effective team member and within the defined position description.
- Seek and accept support from your Lead Educators, Educational Leader and Centre Manager
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- ACECQA approved Diploma or Certificate III in Children’s Services or, working towards
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full working rights in Australia
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure, and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we have developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.