Your new company
A trusted partner to the Australian Public Service, this Government agency promotes high standards of accountability, effectiveness and performance of the APS now and into the future.
Your new role
The Program Officer performs duties to ensure the continued delivery of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) Cyber Gap Program. The role is responsible for the ongoing tasks associated with assisting both applicants and participants of the Program. The focus of the role is to enable Australian cyber security students to learn more about potential cyber careers within the Australian Defence Force and the Australian Public Service.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to all phone and email inquiries regarding the ADF Cyber Gap Program.
- Assist with the attraction, recruitment, and induction of ADF Cyber Gap Program participants.
- Provide basic cyber security career guidance and support to ADF Cyber Gap Program participants through regular video conferencing and phone sessions.
- Assist with the design and delivery of ADF Cyber Gap Program events including professional networking, ceremonial, and professional development events.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the Department of Defence, Registered Training Organisations (RTO) and Defence Force Recruiting.
- Assist with financial management tasks of the ADF Cyber Gap Program including quarterly invoicing and verification of current Australian cyber security course fees.
- Perform ongoing evaluation and improvement of ADF Cyber Gap Program performance including surveying participants and performing basic data analysis.
- Assist the Emerging Talent Team and Digital Profession Branch as required.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate in this role you will possess the following:
- Experience working in a customer focused or service-based environment. Displaying high quality customer service principles, practices and attributes.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and reporting skills and demonstrated experience developing strong relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Empathy, flexibility and patience are desirable personality traits for the Program Officer role. Applications to the Program Officer role are sought by individuals who are driven by seeing others succeed in their academic and career goals.
- A working understanding of the Australian Qualifications Framework, Australian Privacy Principles and the Australian Public Service Employment Principles, as well as experience using contemporary recruitment software.
- A working understanding of the Australian Government Information Security Manual, as well as a working or personal understanding of the Australian Defence Force recruitment process would be highly desirable.
To be eligible for the role applicants must be an Australian citizen, and hold a Baseline security clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return you will have the opportunity to work in an extremely rewarding environment with a high performing, professional team. Engaged on a 12-month contract initially, the position will have the opportunity for a further 6-month extension.
If you tick all the right boxes and this position is something that excites you, then APPLY NOW! This role will not last long.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or get in touch with Jessica Lester via email at email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2573799