Cowra can expect mostly fine and warm conditions throughout December with the sky expected to remain clear for this year’s Christmas Street Festival on December 8 and again on Christmas Day.
A warm and cloudy Christmas Day with the temperature reaching 28 degrees has been forecast for Cowra after an overnight low of 15 degrees.
The forecast for Street Festival Day is for even warmer conditions with a top temperature of 31 degrees expected.
The Christmas Day and December forecast comes as longer range forecasts point to major changes in the weather.
Online weather forecaster accuweather.com.au has predicted another dry month for Cowra in December with a week of mostly sunny days leading up to Christmas.
Two months out accuweather.com.au is predicting that rain, mainly as thunderstorms will fall on Saturday, December 9, Saturday, December 16, Sunday, December 17 and Monday, December 18.
The Bureau is forecasting rain today with between 10 and 20 mm expected with a top temperature of 26 degrees and an overnight low of 16 degrees.
OUR CRAZY YEAR OF WEATHER
THE WARM AND DRY PATTERN OF 2017:
- 374 millimetres rainfall this year
- 762.6 mm same period last year
- Wettest day this year May 20, 42.4 mm
- Hottest day this year February 11, 45.7 degrees
- Coldest minimum this year July 22, minus 5.5 degrees
- November rainfall so far, 12.2 mm
- Average November rainfall, 12.2 mm
- Driest November on record, 2006, 15.2 mm.