More than 70 people packed the Cowra Aquatic Centre for the annual Recycled Art for Cowra Awards (RAFCA) to celebrate the achievements of Cowra’s children.
The day featured plenty of activities for young and young at heart and co-organiser of the event, Councillor Judi Smith, said it was a fantastic day had by all.
“It was wonderful,” she said.
“It was a lovely day weather wise, and a lovely day in terms of lots of people coming and enjoying the exhibition and what was on offer.
“Twenty-five kids joined in the free workshops and the jumping castle was very, very popular.”
The day also featured performances from two local dance groups and the Cowra and District Town Band.
Run by the Cowra Tidy Towns and Urban Landcare Committee, the awards challenge entrants from Preschool to High School to make work using recycled materials that fit this year’s theme “Showtime”.
Cr Smith said the organisers could not be more proud of the entrants.
“The Tidy Towns Committee was very pleased,” she said.
Cr Smith said the committees would now take a break and focus on next year’s event.
“We will have a meeting in two weeks’ time and debrief from this year,” she said.
“We’ve already got some ideas for changing things around a bit.”
The winners were:
- Best in Show: Henry Fagan “The Ferris Wheel at the Show”
- People’s Choice: Tamsin Bohman
- Preschool (Individual): Toby Wilson “Cars - Lightning McQueen”
- Preschool (Group): Waratah Room - Cowra Early Childhood Services “Carinya Show”
- Infants (Individual): Skye Fagan “The Laughing Clowns at the Show”
- Infants (Group): Leuwin & Oscar McGill (Cowra Public) “The Hoptimist Dodgem from Hell”
- Primary (Individual): Henry Fagan “The Ferris Wheel at the Show”
- Primary (Group): Holmwood Public School “Circus Showtime”
- High School (Yr 7-9 Individual): Kate Price “Flower Show”
- High School (Yr 10-12 Individual): Ben Price “Agriculture Show - Dog High Jump”
- High School (Group): Cowra High School “7pm Fireworks”